What We Believe
We believe in God as eternal Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. God created and sustains the universe. The eternal purpose of God the Father is to create a people who will bring glory to God forever. God alone is worthy of worship.
We believe that God became human in Jesus Christ. Jesus came to restore the world because humans have rejected God in disobedience. Jesus taught and modeled the way of God's kingdom. He died on the cross, making it possible for us to accept a renewed relationship with God. He rose from the dead, broke the power of sin and death, and frees us to live in obedience to God's will.
We believe that God the Holy Spirit invites all people to be reconciled with God and to join the global family of faith. Believers confess their faith, are baptized, and join in the celebration of the Lord's Supper. Through the power of the Holy Spirit and guided by the Bible, members of the church seek to live as followers of Christ and invite others to experience this new life.
As Christians we are called to turn:
- from ignorance of God to a personal relationship with God
- from bondage of sin and past mistakes to freedom, forgiveness, and healing
- from individualism to interdependence with others in the local church
- from lifestyle choices that harm us, others, and the earth to choices that nurture wholeness, healing, joy and peace
- from hating enemies and ignoring neighbours to showing love and justice to all
- from loving possessions to sharing with all in need
- from aimless existence to a mission of representing and proclaiming God's kingdom on earth.
As Christians we look forward to the day when God will once again send Jesus to bring all things under God's eternal rule.
*See the Canadian Conference of Mennonite Brethren Churches website for more detailed versions of the Confession of Faith
A Typical Sunday Service
Our Sunday format, while not without variation, includes each of these components.
- Music is contemporary in style.
- The band may include piano, guitar, bass, drums and vocalists, leading from the front of the sanctuary.
- A Bible-based message helps us make sense of our world as we see it through the filter of God's word.
- A time of prayer.
- Monthly observance of communion.
Children are invited to check out our various Sunday School programs currently in partnership with Richmond Chinese MB Church: Pre-School (ages 3-5), Kidz Klub (K-Grade 5), or Junior Highs (Grades 6-7). About 15 minutes into the service, the children and teachers are invited to the front to be prayed for, and then proceed to their activity areas.
For children up to 3 years of age, a supervised nursery is available. You may drop your children off in the nursery at any time during the service.
Our Sunday service begins at 10:00 a.m. and is conducted in English.