We are beginning the search for the right person to join our leadership team as a Worship Pastor. For all interested, we would love to get to know you. Please send a resume and a video sample of your worship leading to [email protected]. If you have any questions about the position, please contact Rachel at 604-274-2811.
Worship Pastor Job Description
We are a unique, multicultural congregation in the city of Richmond living out the way of Jesus together for the good of our city. We believe that the church is a family on mission, and we are committed to letting the unconditional love of Jesus shape our lives in every way.
The Worship Pastor of Church on Five will be responsible for all elements of the Sunday service, leading their team toward the vision of creating a vibrant, authentic environment in which our community can meet with Jesus.
Reports to: Lead Pastor, Rachel
- Creating a culture of passionate worship that engages the church community: experiential, vibrant, authentic, with musical quality
- Recruiting, developing and maintaining worship teams and worship leaders
- Incorporating experiential components such as corporate prayer, stories of life change, and communion
- Owning and scheduling for all elements of the service, with special attention to days like kickoff Sunday, Christmas Eve, the first of January, Easter, etc.
- Overseeing and training all technical and visual teams
- Overseeing maintenance of technical equipment
- Playing a meaningful role in working with the lead pastors to create a healthy church culture
- Looking into the future, creating a Night of Worship experience 3-4 times a year
- Lives out of a passionate relationship with Jesus, leading with a pastoral heart and Christ-like character
- Exhibits the capacity to develop worship leaders and a band musically in the modern worship style
- Functions as part of a healthy, dynamic team
- Is an “owner” of Co5 and engages meaningfully in worship, missional communities, and other church-wide initiatives
- Holds experience leading a band
- Degree in a pastoral or worship-related field preferred