Christmas Letter 2020
"Every time I think of you, I give thanks to my God. Whenever I pray, I make my requests for all of you with joy." - Philippians 1:3-4
What a privilege it is to be part of Church on Five! We are so grateful that you are a member of our community and for the way that you have invested in what God is doing in our midst.
When I consider the last year, what shines through is God's absolute goodness and care over us.. Consider all that he has done among us as we live the way of Jesus for the life of the city!
-God has been gracious to allow us to meet together as one church, whether in person or online. We have done this safely and with no exposures in our congregation.
- Since reopening in June, we have welcomed over 20 new people into our church family.
-Jesus continues to lead and provide for us in times of transition as we have welcomed Pastor Matt, Kassie and Jakob, and bless Pastor Deb and Walt as she pursues her next vocational step.
- This fall, 8 teenagers gave their lives to Jesus at City Students!
- Our 10 Community Groups and Bible Studies have been a faithful source of encouragement and growth throughout the year, and are more important than ever
- The Lord is deepening our dependence on him through mid-week prayer gatherings, studies, and the building of our prayer team.
- We have been able to be a consistent presence with the vulnerable in our community by expanding Food for Life to two nights a week since March, serving over 8,500 meals.
- We continue to take every opportunity to minister Jesus to our community, through workshops on grief and divorce, kid's and student events, and our trunk or treat outreach on October 31.
In 2020, your generous giving enabled care packages for single mothers, Christmas food hampers for 21 Richmond families, partnerships with 9 schools to receive Cobs bread, and benevolence funds for those in need. We know that many of you have been ministering to the needs of your friends and neighbours.
A highlight of our year certainly came in October in Rally for Adam and our Benevolence Offering. We not only reached our goal of $60,000 for a wheelchair accessible van for Adam, but exceeded this goal by over $40,000 that will be invested in changing lives.
Another especially personal highlight is the renovation of the "Blue House" which is a beautiful home and long-term asset for our church's future.
You are such a faithful and giving church and I am confident that as we give ourselves over to Jesus' work in us and through us, he will do more than we can ask or imagine. Thank you for your consistent giving throughout 2020. If you plan to give in December, you can do so at www.churchonfive.ca, by direct deposit, or by check in the office drop-box. All support received by December 31 will be included on 2020's tax receipt.
We are so grateful for your partnership, your friendship, and your thoughtfulness to Micah and Eli.
Chris and Rachel
With C05 Staff and Leadership
Advent Devotionals: Tuesday, December 1Advent Devotionals: Wednesday, December 2Advent Devotionals: Thursday, December 3Advent Devotionals: Friday December 4Advent Devotionals: Monday, December 7Advent Devotionals: Tuesday, December 8Advent Devotionals: Friday December 11Advent Devotionals: Wednesday, December 9Advent Devotionals: Thursday, December 10Christmas Letter 2020